Project 30. Sketches of Heights
Entrada accesible para personas con discapacidad auditiva y visual, previa inscripción mediante correo a email@example.com
Project 30. Sketches of Heights is a site-specific performance which reflects, through a collective footprint and oral storytelling, on the memory of women during Franco’s dictatorship. It stems from research —conducted in Madrid during July of 2022— into thirty women who explored the body at once as a wound and as a territory of resistance.
During the performance, artists and spectators establish a dialogue on the repression, and real experience within this framework, of some of the pieces that are part of the Museo Reina Sofía Collection. During this exercise, memory abandons the private sphere to become a public and common experience.
Project 30 is an international proposal which is part of the story Bosquejo de alturas (Sketches of Heights), by Argentinean writer Alicia Kozameh, reflecting on the footprint dictatorships leave impressed upon collective memory. It has been developed over the past ten years by director Sylvie Mongin-Algan and her theatre company Les Trois-Huit, with more than 160 artists participating and touring around France, Chile, Mexico, Uruguay, Brazil and Argentina.
The performance begins at the Meeting Point (Sabatini Building, main entrance), and continues with a tour around Episode 1. Avant-garde Territories: City, Architecture and Magazines on the Collection (Sabatini Building, Floor 2), concluding in the Sabatini Building’s Garden.
- Artistic direction for Project 30:
- Sylvie Mongin-Algan
- Artistic direction in Madrid:
- Eva Redondo and Jana Pacheco
- Les Trois Huit, Iberescena and Festival Ellas Crean
- Executive production:
- Akiko Matignon and Daniela Schmidt
- Photographs and promotional video:
- Sandra Dominique
- Actrices participantes en el proceso de investigación:
- Gabriela Alarcón Fuentes, Marta Alonso, Ana Benito, Alizée Bingöllü, Ascen Caballero, Tatiana Carel, Belén Chanes, Fátima Delgado, Patricia Domínguez, Vanessa Espín, Mara Guevara, Marina Herranz, Laura Jabois, Pilar Martín García, Patricia Medina, Amaranta Osorio, Leticia Pascual, Victoria Peinado, Denise Perdikiris, Antonella Pinto, Cristina R. Cejas, Georgina Rey, Lola Robles, Laura Rubio Galletero, Daniela Schmidt, Alba Taboada García
- Actresses participating in the performance:
- Rocío Agost, Gabriela Alarcón Fuentes, Jessica Belda, Ana Benito, Alizée Bingöllü, Ascen Caballero, Gema Cañón Galeano, Joséphine Caraballo, Tatiana Carel, Belén Chanes, Fátima Delgado, Laura Jabois, Sarah Kristian, Charo Martín, Pilar Martín García, Nizra Martínez Dinamarca, Patricia Medina, Nicole Mersey, Amaranta Osorio, Victoria Peinado, Denise Perdikidis, Antonella Pinto, Claudia Quiroga, Georgina Rey, Manuela Rodríguez, Laura Rubio Galletero, Saida Santana, Verónica Santos, Alba Taboada García, Leticia Torres, Celina Fernández Ponte