Throughout the Museum
The ticket is valid all day long, except for exhibitions with time slot entry. You can go in and out of the Museum if you wish. Please keep your ticket during the entire visit, the Museum staff may ask you for it at any time. Access to the terraces (Nouvel building and Atocha outdoor café) and the garden (Sabatini building) is free of charge.
Photos without flash, tripod, monopode or any other stabilizing element of cameras are allowed, except where otherwise indicated. No photos or image recording are allowed in area 206 (Guernica).
Baby carriers can be borrowed at the locker service counters. Baby carriages and prams are allowed.
Due to conservation measures, the exhibition rooms must be kept at a constant temperature of 21ºC. During the summer and on warm days, we advise you to bring a warm garment to the Museum, since the temperature difference between indoors and outdoors may result in visitors feeling cold.
The coat check and lockers have limited capacity for large items. You can find out the size of the lockers in the Services section.
No animals are allowed in the Museum, except guide dogs.
- The Museum does not have any area in which to leave means of transport (scooters, tricycles, collapsible bikes, etc.) and therefore entering the Museum with these items is not allowed.
- Foods or drinks are not allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited throughout the Museum, including outdoor spaces.
- Is not allowed to touch the artworks, except for activities where otherwise indicated.
In the rooms
We ask for your collaboration in the conservation of the works and in helping ensure that other visitors enjoy their visit to the Museum.
Thank you for respecting the following recommendations:
- Children must be accompanied by an adult during the visit.
- Is not allowed to enter the exhibition halls with backpacks, bags and cases exceeding measures 30x30 cm.
- No sharp objects are allowed into the rooms.
- Group explanations are allowed during the visit. In consideration of other visitors, a moderate tone of voice should be used and cell phones should be in “silent mode.” For your convenience, the Museum offers radioguides and audioguides.
- The evacuation of the galleries begins 15 minutes before closing time.
Plan your visit