- Harun Farocki Nový Jicín, Czech Republic, 1944 - Berlin, Germany, 2014
- Edition/serial number:1/5
- Media description:Twelve-channel video (b/w and colour, sound and silent, different duration)
- Category: Installation, Video
- Entry date:2009
- Register number:AD05307
- Image credit:© Harun Farocki Filmproduktion
After painstaking archaeological research of countless amounts of film stock, Farocki chose twelve films, which he cut up and reduced to that single moment in order to show them juxtaposed chronologically on twelve TV monitors. In doing so, he translated traditional film montage to a physical space, where it goes a step further and becomes a simultaneous installation, creating an accumulative kaleidoscopic effect. Through this multi-channel film, Farocki contemplates the organisation of life in an industrialised society, while meditating on cinema as a means of constructing its representations.
Farocki, Harun ( 1944-2014)Buenos Aires : Altamira, 2004.
Da obra ao texto : diálogos sobre a prática e a crítica na arte contemporânea = From work to text : dialogues on practise and criticism in contemporary art / organizado por = edited by Jürgen Bock.Lisboa : Fundaçao Centro Cultural de Belém, 
Farocki, Harun ( 1944-2014)London : Koenig Books ; Köln : Verlag der Buchhandlung Walther König, 2009.