- Vito Acconci New York, USA, 1940
- Edition/serial number:Unlimited
- Media description:Super 8 film transferred to video (Betacam SP and DVD)
- Duration:12 min. 30 sec.
- Colour:Colour and black/white
- Category: Video, Action
- Entry date:2005
- Register number:AD04014
- Image credit:Courtesy of Electronic Arts Intermix (EAI), New York (http://www.eai.org)
This relationship between the self and its image is the principle that has led many historians, including Rosalind Krauss, to talk about the aesthetic of narcissism in the beginnings of the video, in which Acconci has a central role.
Cristina Cámara Bello
Acconci, Vito ( 1940-)Prato : Museo d'Art Contemporanea Luigi Pecci, 1991.
Acconci, Vito ( 1940-)Toronto : Art Metropole, [1976?]
Notes of the development of a show (Sonnabend, New York; January 15-29, 1972) : notes toward performing a gallery space / Vito Acconci.Acconci, Vito ( 1940-)Hamburg : Edition Hossmann, 1973.
Art becomes architecture becomes art : a conversation between Vito Acconci and Kenny Schachter / moderated by Lilian Pfaff.Acconci, Vito ( 1940-)Wien : Springer, cop. 2006.
Vito Acconci : [Kunstmuseum Luzern, 7. Mai-11. Juni 1978] / [Redaktion, Marianne Eigenheer, Martin Kunz].Acconci, Vito ( 1940-)Luzern : Kunstmuseum Luzern,