- Joëlle Tuerlinckx Brussels, Belgium, 1958
- Material:Wood, painted wood, steel, crystal, brushes, steel wire, nylon thread, plastic, pigment, electric motor, copper wire, compass and cactus
- Technique:Laser print and gouache
- Descriptive technique:Installation consisting of twenty-one works on a wood base, made using found elements and objects from the artist's studio, with the application of pigment and other modification techniques
- Dimensions:Base: 10 x 437,7 x 343,5 cm / 120 x 437,57 x 343,5 cm
- Category: Sculpture
- Entry date:2010
- Register number:AD05827
Peana CRYSTAL TIMES (CRYSTAL TIMES Base) consists of twenty-one works arranged on a large wooden base, plus a wall piece entitled Statiques - Carré de ciel bleu (Statics. Square of Blue Sky). With Belgian artist Joëlle Tuerlinckx, there exists the concept of categorising art objects, classified according to criteria that are subjective and personal, despite their scientific appearance. The game is reminiscent of that of another Belgian artist, Marcel Broodthaers, specifically his Musée d’Art Moderne, Departement des Aigles, but what to Broodthaers was irony, to Tuerlinckx is poetry taken from the objects. Second-hand furniture, found elements, artefacts and pieces modified by colouration, all go towards creating a studio space related to the actual workspace of the artist. The large stand can be seen as a worktable, defined according to the space and the light of the room. The work formed part of Crystal Times. Reflexión sin sol/Proyecciones sin objeto (Crystal Times. Reflection Without Light/Projections Without Object), the artist’s one-woman exhibition at the Museo Reina Sofía from 2009 to 2010, a show that the artist conceived as a reflection on the concepts of time and space.
Carmen Fernández Aparicio
Warmerdam, Marijke van ( 1959-)Eindhoven : Stedelijk Van Abbemuseum, 
Uchronies et autres fictions : [11 février-7 mai 2006 / rédaction, Guillaume Mansart, François Piron].Metz : FRAC Fonds régional d'art contemporain de Lorraine, 
Oorebeek, Willem ( 1953-)Karlsruhe : Badischer Kunstverein, 2004.
Tuerlinckx, Joëlle ( 1958-)New York : Drawing Center Publications ; Chicago : The Reinaissance Society at the University of Chicago,