- Yvonne Rainer San Francisco, USA, 1934
- Julie Martin - (Production)
- Billy Klüver - Principality of Monaco, 1927 - New Jersey, USA, 2004 (Production)
- Barbro Schultz Lundestam - Sweden (Direction)
- Series:9 Evenings: Theatre & Engineering
- Date:1966 (produced in 2008)
- Edition/serial number:Unlimited
- Media description:16 mm film transferred to video (DVCAM and DVD)
- Duration:12 min. 52 sec.
- Colour:Black and white
- Category: Video, Performance
- Entry date:2009
- Register number:AD05279
- Image credit:© Experiments in Art and Technology
In 1965, aided by Robert Rauschenberg, Billy Klüver contacted thirty engineers from the Bell Laboratories in Murray Hill, New Jersey, to invite them to take part in an interdisciplinary project that would mix avant-garde theatre with dance and new technologies. Ten artists resident in New York connected to performance, music and dance – John Cage, Lucinda Childs, Öyvind Fahlström, Alex Hay, Deborah Hay, Steve Paxton, Yvonne Rainer, Robert Rauschenberg, David Tudor and Robert Whitman – held original performances for the project, entitled 9 Evenings: Theatre and Engineering, at the 69th Regiment Armory in New York. 9 Evenings is considered one of the most radical proposals that questioned the purity of the medium, advocated by modernity, and the start of an effort to combine different media which, in a renewal of the idea of the total work of art, was to determine certain foundations of contemporary art. The Museo Reina Sofía holds the complete collection.
Cristina Cámara Bello
Lambert-Beatty, Carrie.Cambridge (Massachusetts) : MIT Press, 2008.
Rainer, Yvonne ( 1934-)Cambridge (Massachusetts) : MIT Press, cop. 2006.
Move : choreographing you : [Hayward Gallery, London, 13 October 2010-9 January 2011 ; Haus der Kunst, Munich, 10 February-15 May 2011 ; Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen, Düsseldorf, 16 July-25 September 2011] / edited by Stephanie Rosenthal ; with essays by Susan Leigh Foster, André Lepecki, Peggy Phelan.London : Hayward, 
Rainer, Yvonne ( 1934-)Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 1999.
Green, Shelley ( 1953-)Metuchen, N.J. ; London : Scarecrow Press, 1994.